Global Vitiligo Foundation – Community (GVFC)
Richard Huggins, MD
Dermatologist, Henry Ford Hospital
The Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation
VITFriends, Boston, MA, USA
Formerly known as the Global Vitiligo Support Community (GVSC), the Global Vitiligo Foundation Community (GVFC) is the patient support section of the GVF. The GVFC is a national and international team of persons with vitiligo, support groups and physicians dedicated to creating a culture of collaboration and connection.
- Serve as a forum for information-sharing and collaboration on mutually beneficial activities for local, regional, national and international vitiligo support organizations.
- Serve as a conduit between the vitiligo patient and the other committees of the GVF.
- Empower individuals with vitiligo by providing them with resources to manage the physical and psychosocial effects of vitiligo today.
- Provide a vehicle through which vitiligo patients can help support the development of treatments and, ultimately, a cure for vitiligo in the future.
The GVFC is open to all vitiligo support groups and individual vitiligo patients. Please contact Dr. Huggins for further information, including:
- If you are a vitiligo support group/organization and would like to be added to the GVFC directory.
- If you have electronic resources (video, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) that you are willing to share with other support groups (these materials will be watermarked to acknowledge your contribution).
The next quarterly open vitiligo support teleconference is scheduled for Saturday, July 13th,12:00 to 1:30 PM EDT.
Please contact Dr. Huggins for teleconference call-in information.
President of L’Association Française du Vitiligo (AFV)
Global Vitiligo Foundation board member